Date: 4/4/21 1:29 pm
From: Ira Sanders <zroadrunner14...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] FOS tree swallow Arapahoe county
Deb,
I'm glad you cleared that up. I couldn't figure out what you really meant.
I did get Dave's tongue in cheek post.
Remember the Roadrunner 'plucking' it's feathers post years ago? That post
wasn't proofread either.

Ira Sanders

On Sun, Apr 4, 2021, 2:22 PM 'Deborah Carstensen' via Colorado Birds <
<cobirds...> wrote:

> Acckkk! Dang it!! I didn’t realize that Siri changed bushtits to pushed
> its! Of course I’ve made much worse errors along this line in the past.
> I have thought it was interesting that I’ve had just one or two
> bushtits in my yard where I normally would have a little flock of them come
> through in the morning. I was really happy to see the bushtit pull material
> out of the baseball size ball of nesting materials that I got at wild birds
> Unlimited several years ago. I’ve never seen anyone use it before! I think
> the secret was hiding it down in my lilac bush instead of having it in full
> view.
>
> Deb Carstensen, Arapahoe county
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 4, 2021, at 1:46 PM, Sean Walters <waltersintherockies...>
> wrote:
>
> 
> I'll take a shot at an ID. A lone pushed it was nibbling on something
> tasty in the yard the other day. With their typical flocking behavior, I
> suspected pairing off for the breeding season was underway. But then again,
> maybe it was just temporarily separated from comrades? eBird checklist below
>
> https://ebird.org/checklist/S84568163
>
> Sean Walters
> Fort Collins, CO
>
> On Sun, Apr 4, 2021 at 1:27 PM Mary Kay Waddington <waddingtonmk...>
> wrote:
>
>> Umm, excuse me for being totally uninformed, but in case I'm not the
>> only one, can someone please tell me what you're talking about when you say
>> "pushed his" and "pushed its" I haven't a clue!
>>
>> Mary Kay Waddington
>> Arapahoe County
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 4, 2021 at 12:46 PM DAVID A LEATHERMAN <daleatherman...>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Glad to see the AOS finally came to its senses and split Pushed His and
>>> Pushed It's. They are hard to separate but once you study their behavior a
>>> while, and hear their vocalizations, clearly two species. You are lucky to
>>> have both in your yard.
>>>
>>> Dave Leatherman
>>> Fort Collins
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>> *From:* 'Deborah Carstensen' via Colorado Birds <
>>> <cobirds...>
>>> *Sent:* Sunday, April 4, 2021 12:14 PM
>>> *To:* Cobirds <cobirds...>
>>> *Subject:* [cobirds] FOS tree swallow Arapahoe county
>>>
>>> I was surprised to see a tree swallow swoop in and fly around my swallow
>>> nest box. It seems early! Luckily, the boxes are cleaned out. I imagine
>>> it’ll be a while before he’s back.
>>> I’ve also been happy to see pushed his gathering nesting material
>>> from my garden! I’ve never had pushed it’s nest here.
>>>
>>> Deb Carstensen, Arapahoe county
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> --
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
>>> To post to this group, send email to <cobirds...>
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
>>> * All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city.
>>> Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
>>> * Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
>>> ---
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to cobirds+<unsubscribe...>
>>> To view this discussion on the web visit
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<F88F709D-86B0-4DCF-B291-E4E78E5C6B38...>
>>> .
>>>
>>> --
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
>>> To post to this group, send email to <cobirds...>
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
>>> * All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city.
>>> Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
>>> * Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
>>> ---
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to cobirds+<unsubscribe...>
>>> To view this discussion on the web visit
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<CY4PR0601MB3763D3901F9FDA173B43F731C1789...>
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<CY4PR0601MB3763D3901F9FDA173B43F731C1789...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>>
>> --
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to <cobirds...>
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
>> * All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city.
>> Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
>> * Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
>> ---
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Colorado Birds" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to cobirds+<unsubscribe...>
>> To view this discussion on the web visit
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAA-Db7cu39rgm57-bu4kzGdXZ2Dv76YhidTmu9XXvA%3Dou%<3Dv5Jg...>
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAA-Db7cu39rgm57-bu4kzGdXZ2Dv76YhidTmu9XXvA%3Dou%<3Dv5Jg...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>
>
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
> To post to this group, send email to <cobirds...>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
> * All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include
> bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
> * Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Colorado Birds" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to cobirds+<unsubscribe...>
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAErW0v6kgFeoPVXsx2sQJ0ieBq%<2BmWbosHPeUL1jOL5ai0C6rhg...>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAErW0v6kgFeoPVXsx2sQJ0ieBq%<2BmWbosHPeUL1jOL5ai0C6rhg...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
> To post to this group, send email to <cobirds...>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
> * All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include
> bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
> * Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Colorado Birds" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to cobirds+<unsubscribe...>
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<79581A3A-F987-462C-A248-C96A7DC75087...>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<79581A3A-F987-462C-A248-C96A7DC75087...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to <cobirds...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CABF3siFrAO3fwtkeQs_%3D1%3DtGMrAcX4r8UoesZ2GP8T%<3DXGOAJBA...>

 
Join us on Facebook!