Date: 4/4/21 12:58 pm
From: Eve Meier <eve.m.meier...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] 1 MR birding at Belgatos and Los Capitancillos
Hi Everyone,

This morning and yesterday afternoon, I decided to check out a couple of
places that are within a 1 mile radius of my house in preparation for the
California Towhees birdathon team (led by Laura Coatney, Julie Amato and
me). In Belgatos Park (located in Los Gatos Blvd off of Belgatos Ave) I
had my FOS *Wilson's Warbler *and a *Capsian Tern* flew overhead. There
were 3 *California Thrashers* in the back lawn area. At Los Capitancillos
I was able to find *Vaux's Swifts*, *Tree Swallow*, *Barn Swallows*, *Cliff
Swallows*, *Northern Rough-winged Swallows* and *Violet-green Swallows*. I
could hear a *Warbling Vireo* singing from the riparian area but could
never find it. For more information on this location, read the spring
guide for Los Capitancillos
<https://scvas.org/self-guided-birding/los-capitancillos-ponds>.

I'll be donating $10 to SCVAS for every species the California Towhees
Birdathon Team finds on April 18th (capped at 100 species). This team will
be birding individually in our own neighborhoods (within 1 mile radius of
our homes.) To increase our species count, join here
https://scvas.org/spring-birdathon-2021-teams#thecaliforniatowhees

Happy Birding!
Eve Meier (San Jose)

View/Reply Online (#24087): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24087