Date: 4/4/21 12:36 pm
From: Matthew Dodder <mdodder...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Shoreline and Stevens Creek by bike (04-04-21)
I biked from home along the Stevens Creek Trail this morning in my search for my first-of-year Hooded Oriole. I ended up making a big circle around Shoreline Lake before coming home.
Along the way, I found 3 GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE and one “Aleutian” CACKLING GOOSE feeding with the large flock of CANADA GEESE along the entrance road to Shoreline. Later, I got great looks at the BRANT on the lawn near the pirate ship play structure beside the lake and boat rental area. I counted 12 BLACK SKIMMERS at the lake as well.
Finally, along drainage and service road near the golf club house I found 2 HOODED ORIOLE males and 4 BULLOCK’S ORIOLES singing and calling I the flowering eucalyptus. Several LINCOLN’S SPARROWS remain in the creek in this same general area. A female MERLIN also flew through.
Matthew
SCVAS Special Event: An Evening with Richard Prum APRIL 21 (via zoom)Author of New York Times’ Bestseller, and winner of the prized "One of the Best Books of the Year" award... "The Evolution of Beauty"https://ticketbud.com/events/2dd2637a-90a9-11eb-94de-42010a717011
Matthew DodderExecutive DirectorSanta Clara Valley Audubon Society22221 McClellan Rd.Cupertino, CA <95014408-252-3748director...>

View/Reply Online (#24086): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24086
-=-=-

-=-=-
Group Owner: southbaybirds+<owner...>