Date: 4/4/21 9:20 am
From: <dty......> <dtyber...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: Continuing saga: Black-capped chickadee and red-breasted nuthatch; Littleton

I live in Summit county and I observe Chickadees and Nuthatches hanging
around together all the time.

Is there a relationship between the two?

Debbie Tyber

Breckenridge

On Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 1:04:40 PM UTC-6 DuWayne Worthington wrote:

> Today the black-capped chickadee appeared an hour later (12 noon instead
> of 11), and worked on the limb cavity for about 6 minutes. You could see
> it taking out pieces of tree and dropping it to the ground. No nuthatches
> showed up but when a male house finch flew into the tree about 10 feet away
> and started singing, the black-capped chickadee left. The house finch has
> done quite a lot of singing from this tree since then on and off and as of
> an hour later, the chickadee hasn't returned. Maybe tomorrow?
>
> *DuWayne Worthington*
>
> *Science Teaching Faculty*
>

> *Valor Christian High School*
>
> *Influence through Excellence*
>
> *3775 Grace Blvd.*
>
> *Highlands Ranch, CO 80126*
>
> *303-471-3000 x 3278 <(303)%20471-3000>*
> *www.govalor.com <http://www.govalor.com/>*

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<8e057e24-0cb9-4b34-a524-4a9dd1eead71n...>

Join us on Facebook!