Date: 4/4/21 7:22 am
From: Monacell, Peter <plmonacell...>
Subject: Possible Curlew Sandpiper, Wetland Cell 1

Paul and I were ultimately unhappy with our Dunlin ID and reconsidered the photos early this morning, including a flight shot I was able to locate. This bird looks to have several features of a Curlew Sandpiper, and I’ve eBirded it as such. More photos are to come. I’m headed back right now to try to relocate. Was primarily in the fourth sub-cell from the west. Wetland Cell 1 is northeast of McBaine in Boone Co.

Good birding everyone,
Pete

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 4, 2021, at 6:55 AM, Lottie Bushmann <lottie.bushmann...> wrote:

CAUTION!: This email originated from outside of Columbia College.

I did not know that!! I’ve gone to the lists to try to find it...well this is awesome! Thank you.
Happy Easter!!
Lottie

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 9:53 PM Monacell, Peter <plmonacell...><mailto:<plmonacell...>> wrote:
Lottie,

Yes north of Hindman Junction. Here it is: https://goo.gl/maps/qr6DMs57jXbgZweKA

38°53'33.1"N 92°26'52.6"W

Did you know you can get directions right from the page for any hotspot? Just click on the icon with the right-angle arrow: https://ebird.org/hotspot/L374148

Good luck,
Pete

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 3, 2021, at 8:23 PM, Lottie Bushmann <lottie.bushmann...><mailto:<lottie.bushmann...>> wrote:

CAUTION!: This email originated from outside of Columbia College.

Hi Pete
Can you clarify which cell is 1? I ride my bike out here but I’ve never understood which cells are which. Were you in the ones that are at the MKT where it joins with the Katy at Hindman junction? Or the ones closer to perche creek? Or the ones down the Katy trail closer to Eagle Bluffs?
I’ve tried googling but haven’t come up with a map.
Any and all help is appreciated.
Lottie

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 6:18 PM Monacell, Peter <plmonacell...><mailto:<plmonacell...>> wrote:

Paul McKenzie and I are looking at over 200 shorebirds at Wetland Cell 1, in the fourth sub-cell from the west. Most are Pecs, but we’ve also found a Dunlin, a Baird’s, Least Sandpiper, and Lesser Yellowlegs along with Snipe and Killdeer. And three Brewer’s Blackbirds on the same flat.

Good birding everyone,
Pete

Pete Monacell,
Jefferson City