Date: 4/4/21 7:09 am
From: Janis Valdes <janis.lee.valdes...>
Subject: Yellow-throated warbler Weldon Springs

Moment - well, several long moments - of awe & wonder yesterday on Lost
Valley Trail as a pair of phoebes caught my eye swooping & sallying for
insects then carrying nesting materials. Then a flittery flight and a
stunning yellow-throated warbler dove to the creek to drink and bathe. I
held my breath, stood stockstill with bins glued to my eyes and the bird as
he took his time splashing around, then flew to a nearby branch to shake
off and preen.

I didn’t find a black and white warbler or a Louisiana water thrush, but
I’ll remember this encounter with my FOS YTWA for a long, long time.

Best birding,

Janis