Date: 4/4/21 4:56 am
From: Joel Geier <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] Re: [MidValleyNature:5808] More arrivals: Chipping, Savannah, and White-crowned Sparrows singing north of Corvallis
Make that at least 8 members of the sparrow "tribe" that are singing locally. Today a wintering SOOTY FOX SPARROW was tuning up his song while scratching around in some dirt under a willow where I cleared some invasive grasses over the winter.

If there are still any White-throated Sparrows hanging around and singing, that would bring the number of singing sparrow species up to nine. But the one that was singing around our yard all winter seems to have left, at least two weeks ago.

Also -- as further sign of shorebird movement -- I heard my first "yard bird" Greater Yellowlegs of the season calling from a wetland across the highway.