Date: 4/4/21 4:41 am
From: Bob Reiling <rreiling2...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Swainson's Hawk mating confirmed
All,
Last Wednesday (3/31) Peggy Don and I saw the dark phase male SWAINSON'S HAWK mate with the light phase female SWAINSON'S HAWK. The attached photo shows the pair shortly after mating. I'm not sure why the report was delayed or why some birder's have decided to mislead other birder's as to the birds location (I assume that it is meant to stop the marauding gang of eco-photographers). I would hope that in the future this does not become a trend as I don't wish to spend my time looking for a rare bird in the wrong place. These birds were on an extremely busy and dangerous highway and are not on a nest but I'm sure that some would prefer only their friends know where the rare birds are.
Take care,
Bob Reiling

View/Reply Online (#24083): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24083
-=-=-