Date: 4/3/21 7:00 pm
From: Elaine Faletra <elaine.faletra...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Hawk ID help please!!!
Hello Spring birders!

I need advise as to the proper ID of this hawk. It was originally on the ground, having captured a prey, then flew up into a tree after I stopped to look. It feasted for quite a while as I watched. It was into the sun (unfortunately) but I am thinking juvenile red-shouldered hawk? Other choice is an early broad wing? Would appreciate opinions from you expert hawkers out there as I am definitely not one!

https://ebird.org/checklist/S84725759 <https://ebird.org/checklist/S84725759>

Thanks a bunch!

Elaine Faletra
Warren NH