Date: 4/3/21 5:25 pm
From: Doug & Nina Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] A great birding day in central Iowa
I spent about 7 hours today, circling around through Boone, Greene, Guthrie
and Dallas counties, ending up with a day list of 68 species, my best day
of the year so far!
Although I didn't find some things I thought likely, I did end up with 3
new FOY species: 3 *Fox Sparrows* (at Lemmon WMA south of Panora), 1 *Savanna
Sparrow *(near NE corner of Bays Branch Wildlife Area), and 6 *Great-tailed
Grackles* (right by 190th St. bridge over the middle of Bays Branch WMA).
I'm attaching photos I took of both a male and female GTGR, and also an
Eastern Bluebird I photographed at Whiterock Conservancy.

Doug Harr
Ogden