Date: 4/3/21 5:06 pm
From: Matthew Dodder <mdodder...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Stevens Creek Park 04-03-21
Cricket and I hiked around the Stevens Creek Reservoir. We parked at Baytee Picnic Area and headed up the Tony Look Trail all the way to the trail head on the far south end near Cooley, returning along the banks of the creek.
Our birding was dominated by the sounds of WILSON’S WARBLER, ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER, and a few WARBLING VIREOS. High up where artemisia and other chaparral plants were numerous we had BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER and too many WRENTITS to count. We had a very cooperative pair along the trail just a few feet from, evidently unbothered by us or other hikers. We watched them for several minutes as they gathered nest material unobstructed from our view. BAND-TAILED PIGEONS flew along the ridge across the creek and we had several RED-SHOULDERED HAWKS calling. A few late RUBY-CROWNED KINGLETS, TOWNSEND’S WARBLERS and “Crowned” Sparrows remain in the area, but we did not find the Varied Thrush from last week.
BIRDATHON REMINDER:I’ll be drawing birds on Wednesday morning as part of the distributed sketch-team “Birdcassos”. If you’d like to join or sponsor us, please don’t be shy. There are NO bad drawings, and we will celebrate all of them when we’re done.  https://scvas.org/spring-birdathon-2021-teams#birdcassos
Matthew
Matthew DodderExecutive DirectorSanta Clara Valley Audubon Society22221 McClellan Rd.Cupertino, CA <95014408-252-3748director...>

View/Reply Online (#24081): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24081
-=-=-

-=-=-
Group Owner: southbaybirds+<owner...>