Date: 4/3/21 8:33 am
From: 'pat j' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: [birders] Watch "Outbreak Sickens 19 People in 8 States"
I saw this today, and thought all of you that have feeders may be interested in this. Apparently people are getting sick as a result of salmonella that they got from handling their feeders. It's being transmitted by the birds that have salmonella. On another site I saw a recommendation if you are going to continue feeding to make sure to thoroughly sanitize your bird feeders once a week. It would also be a good idea to wear disposable gloves and a mask when performing any tasks with your feeders.
Stay safe, Patrick J.
From The Weather Channel Android App: https://weather.com/science/nature/video/salmonella-outbreak-linked-to-bird-feeders?pl=pl-the-latest
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org