Date: 4/3/21 7:21 am
From: Clayton Will <willcfish...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Shorebirds are returning to Boone and Hamilton Co.
Yesterday afternoon I was glad to see 6 Pectoral Sandpipers and 4 Wilson's
Snipe in the Bjorkboda Marsh/McHuge Wetlands area. Also the heads of two
Eaglets popping up over the edge of a Bald Eagle nest and last week I saw
what looked like two baseballs in a Great Horned Owl nest. A good size
flock of Greater-white Fronted Geese came in while I was there and many
Canada Geese are sitting on nests with a good variety of ducks nearby. Well
over 1,000 Red-winged Blackbirds, Grackles, Brown-headed Cowbirds, 450
Robins and a few Killdeer along with Meadowlarks feeding on earthworms.They
were out of the strong South wind on the North slope West of McHugh Wetland
on the way to the USDA wetland West of there 1/2 mile.

Clayton Will
Madrid