Date: 4/3/21 5:30 am
From: Bill Volkert <billvolkert11...>
Subject: [wisb] Yellow-rumped Warbler
I had my first yellow-rump yesterday. I first identified it by its call
notes - the distinct "pttt, pttt" kind of sound. This caught my attention
so I started to pish in order to get a look. It flew in briefly, and
perched overhead, and headed on although I didn't have my binoculars with
me.
Later in the afternoon I again heard but did not see it as it moved
through the woods. Same bird or another individual - but the first one(s)
arrived with more to come very soon - likely with the predicted south winds
last night and over the next few days. I always like to hear this call
note that is different from other warblers in spring before they begin to
sing and again in fall when they are coming through.

Bill Volkert
FdL Co

--
Bill Volkert