Date: 4/2/21 5:49 pm
From: janna pauser <jannapauser...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Vaux's Swift in Guadalupe Oak Grove Park
I birded a loop in Guadalupe Oak Grove park at 3 this afternoon. Quite a
few TREE SWALLOWS were flying over the west ridge. I watched the
swallows from an open area until I spotted a single VAUX'S SWIFT
overhead. This small brown swift with a rapid wing beats favors this
park and Almaden Valley where some still breed. It looked brownish from
below and did not have the contrasting black and white markings of the
larger White-throated Swift. I don't like to describe it as a cigar with
wings but that's just me.

Janna Pauser
Almaden Valley

View/Reply Online (#24079): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24079