Date: 4/2/21 4:08 pm
From: Valerie Dent <rdent...>
Subject: Re: No sighting - Vulture populations and roadkills, etc...

just throwing this out there for thought.

We live on a black top. There are probably a half a dozen culverts every
mile. The furbearers do not use the culverts. Road kill on our road is
high.

There are a lot of turkey vultures feeding on road kill along the road.
More worrisome to me is the large number of bald eagles who also feast on
these road kills. Just today, as I was driving home, a bald eagle was
feeding along the road and flew across the road in front of me.

We have a large population of coyotes here and one would think that they
would reduce the number of furbearers (which I am sure happens), but we
still have a lot of road kill. Our trail cameras reveal the presence of a
lot of furbearers here. (A couple of nights ago I almost stepped on a
skunk by our deck when I went out to bring in our dog.)

My main thought is that people just need to slow down on our highways and
pay attention to the road.

Valerie Dent
Cole Camp, Benton County