Date: 4/2/21 1:56 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: Re: [GeneseeBirds-L] NPR bird and the NY Breeding Bird Atlas
Hello [your name],

It’s great you’re interested in helping with this great and important project!

Here’s a link to the section in the NYS BBA III Project that should help understanding the way to submit your data via eBird (through the atlas portal). https://ebird.org/atlasny/about/3-atlas-portal-data-entry. But basically, you only need submit your sightings once in eBird – but you need to make an adjustment to the portal (a setting in eBird) that tells eBird how to use your data. Once you change that setting, your data will get used by the NYS BBA III project.

I would also strongly suggest that you read through the Handbook <https://ebird.org/atlasny/about/handbook-materials> to understand about block boundaries and the breeding codes before entering your data in the portal. Those are key components to properly adding your sightings. They aren’t hard to learn and it’s worth the effort to contribute to this great effort.

You can feel free to contact me off-list to my email below if you have any further questions,

~ Sue

Sue Barth
Orchard Park, NY
E: <mailto:<suebarth...> <suebarth...>
Mobile/Text: <tel:(716)%20474-3657> 716-474-3657
My Blog: <http://www.chirpsandcheeps.com/> http://www.ChirpsAndCheeps.com
Flickr: <http://www.flickr.com/photos/suebarth/> http://www.flickr.com/photos/suebarth/