Date: 4/2/21 1:59 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Friday morning birding
Jim Regali, Dennis Arendt, and I, saw the following list of species this morning on the south river trail of Mt. Pisgah. We watched the Wood Ducks fly around and land in various nesting trees. I was reassuring to find the reliable Rufous Hummingbirds on the last trail to the river, a trail which should be named after the hummingbirds. They are now feeding on the native Mahonia nectar - now evidence of a single pair. One giant adult Bald Eagle was flying over the river, and a Black Phoebe was only heard. Many kinglets thoughout and several Orange-crowned Warblers were heard. Just a single, lone, Lincoln’s Sparrow, and a scattering of Golden-crowned Sparrows feeding high in the crowns of maple trees and cottonwood.
— Larry

Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Mallard