Date: 4/2/21 12:14 pm
From: Brooke Miller via groups.io <idbirds...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Lawrence's Goldfinch - Calero Creek Trail - Fri 2-April
I birded the Calero Creek Trail from Harry Road this morning. In/along the creek that the trail crosses (not the creek that parallels the trail (Calero Creek)), there was a male LAWRENCE’S GOLDFINCH bathing and drinking in the water along with Lesser and American Goldfinches, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Oak Titmice, and Golden- and White-crowned Sparrows. There was lots of activity here with these birds moving from the vegetation, down into the water, and then back into the vegetation. It was hard to keep track of what was going on. I thought I heard more Lawrence’s Goldfinches ‘twinkling’ call, but with all the birds moving around I wasn’t able to see another one.

As soon as I started on the trail at Harry Road I had a WARBLING VIREO, a PACIFC-SLOPE FLYCATCHER, and 2 BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHERS, with more of each of these as I continued on the trail. Also of note was a pair (male and female) of COMMON MERGANSERS in Calero Creek - a species I’ve not seen here before.

Good birding,
Brooke Miller

View/Reply Online (#24077): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24077
-=-=-