Date: 4/2/21 6:54 am
From: Lisa Saffell <lesfstl...>
Subject: Re: No sighting - Vulture populations and roadkills, etc...

Wendy and Terry,
Interesting thread! This is something that drives me absolutely nuts. Take a drive through other states any direction from Missouri and you will be amazed by the stark contrast in the number of roadkill and, I have to throw this out there, Trash.

Wendy your questions flipped a switch in my head. I can’t help but wonder if animals are coming closer to the roads because of all the trash that people are throwing out of their car Windows. I’ve had people toss entire bags of trash out of their windows right in front me.

Some of the western states have the roadkill issue figured out, for the most part, with their wildlife overpasses and underpasses. It’s a pleasure to drive through most parts of colorado. I don’t see Missouri ever incorporating anything like that into their road plans.

Regards,
Lisa Saffell
@instagram.com/lisasaffell
@instagram.com/stl_birder