Date: 4/2/21 4:44 am
From: Richard Parker <rrjmparker...>
Subject: Re: No sighting - Book

It is my all-time favorite for MO birds! I use others, but I always refer back to Brad Jacobs' book.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 4:08 PM, Media.com<edgew...> wrote: WARNING: This message has originated from an External Source. This may be a phishing expedition that can result in unauthorized access to our IT System. Please use proper judgment and caution when opening attachments, clicking links, or responding to this email.Brad's magnum opus (at least as it applies to books) is just one of his legacies. See the December 2016 issue of The Bluebird for accomplishments/contributions described when he was presented the Rudolf Bennitt Distinguished Service Award.  To find that article, go to mobirds.org, then hover over the MBS header.  The 5th item in the dropdown menu is Bluebird Quarterly.  Scroll down to the 2000-2019 group, click on 2016 and when it opens, click on December.  A pdf will download.  The article is on page 121.
As the book neared the end of preparation Brad was much like an expectant father.  He didn't cut his hair--promising not to do it until the book was done.  He was fearful of something happening to damage the original artwork, and guarded them carefully.  What a treasure he left us.
Edge Wade
Columbia, MO
<edgew...>