Date: 4/1/21 8:40 pm
From: Jeff Kehoe <jeff.kehoe...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: leucistic turkey in Big Thompson canyon
The other thing is we live out in the boonies and I'm not aware of anybody
nearby that has turkeys (they may though). A domestic may have had to walk
a long way to join our gang. Could be though.

On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 1:36:25 PM UTC-6 Jeff Kehoe wrote:

> I also thought about a domestic wild hybrid. I don't know. It was around
> for a few days and is now gone. We can get up to 60 wild ones in our yard
> and had never seen a white one before.
>
> On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 1:33:19 PM UTC-6 <adrian......> wrote:
>

>> I saw 4 (3F 1M) leucistic turkeys in Pueblo earlier this week. I Googled
>> the phenomena when I returned home and apparently experts think 1 in 100
>> can be leucistic with females being more common.
>>
>> Here's my eBird checklist with a couple pictures of the tom and 1 of the
>> females...
>>
>> https://ebird.org/checklist/S84330906
>>
>> Adrian Lakin,
>> Mead, CO
>> On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 12:46:07 PM UTC-6 Jeff Kehoe wrote:
>>
>>> Last week we had a white turkey show up, mixing in with the usual gang
>>> of wild turkeys. Could it be leucistic? Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> [image: IMG_0146.JPG]

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<aa6d2c0e-efef-45d5-86d1-86bef467a77fn...>

Join us on Facebook!