Date: 4/1/21 5:09 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Orange-crowneds
Fool=a variant of "fowl". Modern Danish, and Norwegian in the deep
south(Agder/bible belt) pronounces "fugl" much like English "fool". "Foul"
is a homonym of separate etymology.
It's foul to call fowls fools. The highest brain/bodymass ratio among
vertebrates is to be found in hummingbirds.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021, 4:35 PM Nancy Stotz <nstotznew...> wrote:

> Since Lars made his comment...
> Yesterday at Luckiamute North in Polk County, I had my first OCWA of the
> spring foraging in a red currant.
> Today at Finley NWR in Benton, I had at least a dozen, most singing high
> in oaks scattered along Mill Hill and Beaver/Cattail Marsh trails. April 1,
> so seasonal trails are now open at Finley!
> Nancy Stotz

Join us on Facebook!