Date: 4/1/21 3:43 pm
From: Brandon Caswell <brandon.caswell83...>
Subject: [ia-bird] BWTE x CITE at Hawkeye WMA
Birders,

While out looking for Garganey and Cinnamon Teal at Hawkeye WMA I stumbled
into a Blue-winged Teal x Cinnamon Teal. Having seen four breeding plumage
Cinnamon Teal in Johnson County already, the hybrid seemed like an even
better find. I seem to not have an affinity for finding duck hybrids, only
ever finding Mallard x American Black Duck, so this was a peasant surprise.

The duck is on the pond just north of the Swan Lake parking lot, which is
along Amana Road on the northeast corner of Swan Lake, Hawkeye WMA. Hike a
few minutes north on the access road out to Sand Point (north) and before
the habitat opens into ag fields the pond is on the right side.

Good birding,
Brandon Caswell
Marion