Date: 4/1/21 3:11 pm
From: Joel Geier <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] More arrivals: Chipping, Savannah, and White-crowned Sparrows singing north of Corvallis
At a Vesper Sparrow monitoring site in the Soap Creek Valley north of Corvallis this morning, I found two CHIPPING SPARROWS (at least one singing on territory) and several singing SAVANNAH SPARROWS. All of them must be recent arrivals since I didn't detect them on a visit to the same site on May 29th. I haven't found any Vesper Sparrows there yet, but Bob Altman has found early arrivals at two other monitoring sites in the area.

WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS have been singing along the railroad tracks behind the Wilco Farm Supply store in NE Corvallis at least since Tuesday. Adding in OREGON JUNCOS, SPOTTED TOWHEES, and GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROWS, and that makes at least 7 members of the sparrow "tribe" that are singing locally now.

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis

Join us on Facebook!