Date: 4/1/21 1:11 pm
From: Amy C <acervene...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] State wildlife areas require social security #--what can we do?
The new pass won't be available until May 1, so no way to test it out yet.
When I just stepped through the process to create an account to buy a
fishing license on CPW's website, I was not asked for a social security
number, just a drivers license or state id number, so it looks like this
requirement was removed.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 1:25 PM R Carol Cushman <r.cushman...>
wrote:

> I would be happy to pay for access to the SWAs, but I do balk at giving
> them my social security #, thereby risking identity theft. Several years
> ago when I objected, the bureaucrat I talked to insisted they needed it to
> track down dead-beat dads who refused to pay child support. ????? Last
> month, I tried again to get the pass and was told the department needed my
> social security # to keep track of wildlife. Again??????
>
> I wrote to Governor Polis almost a month ago asking if there were any way
> that an ordinary citizen of Colorado could pay to visit a state wildlife
> area without giving out a social security number. I have received no
> answer. Have any of you had any luck in buying the new pass without
> revealing private information?
> Thanks, Carol Cushman, Boulder County
>
> --
> --
> * All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include
> bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
> * Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
> ---
> "Colorado Birds" group.
> email to cobirds+<unsubscribe...>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<4E2B8841-7E5A-4605-834F-52DD2B2D1EE1...>
> .

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CA%2BJWw_K%2Bx47iv92-WkvgoYYNVOftQPRy%<3DvYDpxd4VMabHmUFww...>

Join us on Facebook!