Date: 4/1/21 4:17 am
From: larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Lesser Nighthawk in Humboldt County CA
I think Alan Contreras commented on the (rather unlikely)report of a nighthawk somewhere in Oregon this week--a high likelihood that it was a Lesser if it was indeed a nighthawk. On March 29 a Lesser Nighthawk was photographed in the Eureka/Arcata area. The first confirmed record for Humboldt County. Not the first record period, and l recall someone hearing a Lesser Nighthawk at Beverly Beach SP about a decade ago, in a summer month.       I for one would be dismissive if l saw a nighthawk in Oregon in March, try to explain it away. Hard to come up with an expected species that's remotely similar.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Join us on Facebook!