Date: 3/31/21 5:49 pm
From: <edgew...> <edgew...>
Subject: Carolina Wren status today

The Clark Wednesday bird car explored Franklin County hot spots today. We’re still in the car as I write.
The most memorable moment came this morning at Colter Access. A Carolina Wren sat atop a 20-foot tree, singing loudly. As I stood ten feet away, Bill Mees yelled, “Bird!”
A Sharp-shinned Hawk zoomed in and took the wren to the ground, administered the coup de gras, and flew off with it.
Cold weather is not the only survival challenge for the wrens.
Edge Wade
Somewhere along I-70
Sent from my iPhone