Date: 3/31/21 5:14 pm
From: John Besser <jbesser1...>
Subject: Long-eared Owl...NOT

Took the Birders Direct Route from our vaccination appointment in Moberly
back to Columbia via Hungry Mother CA in Howard County, where a LEOW was
reported Monday.

We searched cedar thickets south of the parking lot and found zero owls,
but some of the stands of large old cedars with open understory and mossy
ground cover sure seemed like prime roosting habitat.

Maybe next time!
--
John Besser
Columbia MO