Date: 3/31/21 1:47 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Singing Swamp Sparrow et al. 3/31/21
I walked early this AM at Millicoma Marsh in Coos Bay and heard a song I
didn’t recognize which is always exciting. It was down in the marsh and
sounded like a Marsh Wren on speed. I played a Sedge Wren song for fun (not
at all what the mystery bird sounded like) and up popped a SWAMP SPARROW.
Not sure I have heard them singing in OR before? The song was a bit
atypical but it didn’t sing again after I saw it so I couldn’t record it.
Pretty cool!

Back at home yesterday had White- throated Sparrow and Townsend’s Warbler
singing. Varied Thrushes and Pacific Wrens singing before sunrise. Plenty
of Myrtle Warblers and Purple Finches singing lately also. Still waiting on
OC Warblers and Yellowthroats- maybe tomorrow?

Spring is awesome!
Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!