Date: 3/31/21 1:47 pm
From: <dpdvm...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] long-billed syndrome question
Hi Peggy,

About ten years ago I sent the last bill overgrowth bird to a researcher at the U of Alaska, Fairbanks and USGS. I could not find her name. I believe they isolated a virus as the cause and I do not know if there is ongoing research. I euthanized and sent her a couple of Red-tailed Hawks, a Crow and a Turkey Vulture!

Best,

Dave Parent DVM

Useless Bay Animal Clinic, Freeland, WA