Date: 3/31/21 1:07 pm
From: Jack Smiley <jackrsmiley...>
Subject: [birders] Bird I.D.
Any thoughts on this?

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jan BenDor <jan...>
Date: Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 2:54 PM
Subject: Fwd: Bird
To: Jack Smiley <jackrsmiley...>

My phone sent this before I had a chance to create the email. I saw this
bird drop from a tree, move briefly on the ground, and then, sadly, it
died. The closest I can come to an ID on the Cornell web site is a golden
winged warbler, but this bird had no gold patch on the wings, only a half
patch on its head. There is some faint yellow on the back as on a golden
wing female. Very curious. Could it be one of the hybrids between the
golden and the blue winged warblers?
--Jan

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAJpB0PVie-9R15s_b81FiLYWiKOFhugEb10Y6kG%<3DK7mFy6yM9Q...>