Date: 3/31/21 10:57 am
From: Mariano Mazal <mariano.mazal...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Visitors to SB area looking for birding places and birding guides
Hello SB birders,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Mariano Mazal, and together with my wife we are both birders (ABA members), and amateur photographers from the East Coast - Delaware.  My wife and I plan to visit SB for a week in May to see our son who is a student at UCSB.  We are are looking to do some birding during our stay.  As I start to learn more about the available options via eBird there is so much to explore in the area that I am getting crazy...! :o)  For instance, I am reviewing the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden and the list of species to be found there sounds absolutely amazing!  Would you be able to suggest which are the recommended Garden trails for bird sightings and how much time do you expect we could dedicate to take full advantage of our visit?  In addition, do you think it is worth considering having a birding guide assisting us, and if so, any suggestions for names and cost that you could share?  In addition to SB Botanic Garden if you could provide recommendation for places to visit in the BS surrounding area I'd appreciate it. (I am listing below some of the species that we'd love to see)

Thank you for your insight!

Mariano Mazal
Bear, DE

Phainopepla