Date: 3/31/21 10:42 am
From: Range Bayer <range.bayer...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: White Robin [White Robin at Same Beaver Cr. Location in Late 1970s. Lincoln Co.]
Hi,

After Kate Scannell read Elizabeth's email below, Kate responded: "*A fun
aside.....Some time in the late seventies I became friends with Laimons
Osis, who is my neighbor. On a walk by myself I had seen an "albino" robin
in the exact same place that was reported in *[Elizabeth's] *email this
morning. Not knowing what it was I went to Laimons, who had seen it also,
and we have been friends ever since. ......Bird territories.........*"

Leucistic birds are curious and interesting to see! Could leucistic robins
have been nesting in the Beaver Creek area for so long? See picture of
leucistic American Robin as part of "*Podcast [and transcript]; Why Is This
Bird Half-White? Unusual genetic mutations can eliminate color in a
bird's feathers—in patches, or even across its entire body*." By
BirdNote, May 14, 2018 at https://www.audubon.org/news/why-bird-half-white

Range Bayer, Newport, Oregon.