Date: 3/31/21 4:40 am
From: Joel Geier <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] "Oregon" Vesper Sparrows back on nesting territory in Benton County
Bob Altman found a couple of VESPER SPARROWS today, at one of the sites that we've been monitoring for an American Bird Conservancy project focused on "Oregon" Vesper Sparrows (the subspecies nesting west of the Cascades, under consideration for federal listing as Threatened/Endangered).

One of the birds today was banded, and from the color combination, turns out to be the same bird that showed up on a nearby site on March 28th last year (the earliest arrival that we've recorded).

If you happen to see any banded Vesper Sparrows, please be sure to report them. There are related, cooperating projects in the south Puget Sound region and in the Rogue Valley region.

--

Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis

Join us on Facebook!