Date: 3/30/21 4:43 pm
From: catherine paris <cparis12010...>
Subject: Water features for birds toxins Please read and inform your towns also!

Back in 1985 I had the great fortune to work with one of the pioneers of
bio ecological solutions. His specialty was restoring and protecting water
supplies.

John Todd of Ocean Arks International eventually won EPA's man of the year
for producing drinking water from septage and effluent waste/by product
from the city of S. Burlington and the Magic Hat Brewery in VT. He used
ONLY a greenhouse and plants. The pesticides, cosmetics, antibiotics,
disease organisms were removed emulating mother nature. Please check out
his canal clean up in China, industrial waste site in MD and the Corkscrew
Swamp Audubon's installation.
He operates only as a nonprofit and his designs are now in use throughout
the world.

My point is that you absolutely must not trust company's that assure you
things are safe or have clever names like greensafe or bioclean. Safe for
humans, wildlife, fish, pets DOES NOT mean safe for birds. In fact, one
popular product to rid algae from waterfalls specifically lists toxic to
birds. (go directly to company website - not middleman ads) and dig through
the paper work. Some companies boast a list of things like organic
certificates etc. Find the actual paper with ALL the specifics. You will be
saddened to find most of the peroxide based algaecides (registered products
mostly) have under Environmental Hazard: This product is toxic to birds,
...bees...amphibians in mating seasons etc.

Please use due diligence. I know you all care. And yes, you can have clean
clear water without hurting your very important bird gardens.

Catherine Paris
<cparis12010...>
Ozark County