Date: 3/30/21 3:57 pm
From: Unity Dienes <unitydienes...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Cranes in Concord--whoops
Reposting, because I forgot to change the subject line when I posted about
hearing one this morning, and where.

****
I spent about an hour this morning looking for the Sandhill Cranes and met
two other birders doing the same thing. No luck on finding them in the
scope but as I arrived back to my car in the second parking lot, I heard
one call quite clearly a couple of times. It sounded like it was coming to
the back behind the trees and EAST of the parking lot (whereas the main
portion of the marsh is west). It was surprisingly loud and it didn't
sound too far away, but maybe it was coming from a bird in flight. I did
try to see if I could see them behind one of the three houses just up the
road, but no luck.

A nice bonus was finding a small flock of about 5 Golden-crowned Kinglets
in the woods between the main parking lot for the marsh and the back
wetland. I've missed them!

Unity Dienes
Concord