Date: 3/30/21 2:43 pm
From: Sarah Chan <spqcstuff...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] House Wrens at Pearson-Arastradero OSP
Hello all,

This morning, I went to Pearson-Arastradero hoping to find my FOS *House Wren*. I first checked a nest box where a pair nested last year. Just a few feet away from the box, there was a fierce competition between three House wrens. They were displaying, singing and chasing each other in the bush and trees. It looks like the box will be a home for wrens again this year! Further down the trail, I found a tree with *Yellow-rumped warblers* , a couple of *Pine Siskins* and another House Wren. By the lake, there was another pair foraging together in a tree. In total, I found 6.

Other interesting things were a couple of *Ring-necked ducks* , several *Orange-crowned warblers* singing, a *California Thrasher* and a *Blue-gray gnatcatcher* (my FOS). My eBird checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S84408319 ( https://ebird.org/checklist/S84408319 )

Best,

Sarah

View/Reply Online (#24053): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24053
-=-=-