Date: 3/30/21 12:14 pm
From: Richard Hoyer <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender birdernaturalist for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Banded White-crowned Sparrow recovery!
Dear Birders,

I've been keeping track of the birds in my yard with pandemic precision the past few months, so the new adult WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW, joining two immatures and another adult, was an obvious arrival this morning. I was shocked to see it had a band. I snapped over 700 photos and was able to piece together the number, submit it online, and had an instantaneous automatic response from the Bird Banding Laboratory.

It is a Puget White-crowned Sparrow banded near Richmond, British Colombia as an after-second-year adult on April 20, 2018. So this bird will be at least five years old this summer.

Good Birding,

Rich
---
Rich Hoyer