Date: 3/30/21 10:18 am
From: Ira Sanders <zroadrunner14...>
Subject: [cobirds] More on Finches
Birders,
After reviewing more photos of the finches I had this a.m., I'm not so sure
of the Purple Finch ID. I have a photo of the female's beak and it looks
pointed. I never did see the streaking on the breast of the bird as it
stayed in the tray. I was basing my ID on the head pattern and nothing
else as I saw no other field marks.
Comments welcome.

--
Ira Sanders
Golden, CO

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CABF3siFwboJGbpgCD0uc3PN_9nvZ%<3D1Ak30F3aSmYxi7-TRFN5g...>

Join us on Facebook!