Date: 3/30/21 8:51 am
From: <wilmoss...>
Subject: [wisb] FOY - Fox Sparrow Winnebago Cty
Went out specifically to find a Fox Sparrow (and hopefully a winters
wren). Found quite a few Fox sparrows. Also FOY Flicker, Eastern
Phoebe, Tree Swallow, and Yellow Bellied Sapsucker. Did not see the
winters wren. My total for the last two days was 47 species in about
four hours of bird watching along the west shore of Lake Winnebago.
Of note were a flock of Red Breasted Mergansers at the Asylum Bay
area. There were 12 yesterday in one flock. Today there was a lot of
excitement among the flock as six more came to join them. Yesterday
the flock included all three species of mergansers, the commons were
not present today.
I was able to get some nice pictures of golden crowned kinglets and
one jake turkey who came quite a distance to find me, gobbling the
whole way.
Rory Williams