Date: 3/30/21 8:11 am
From: Bob Reiling <rreiling2...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Grant Ranch
All,
Yesterday (3/29) it was interesting to watch a small group of PURPLE FINCHES feeding on new leaves on the tree over the pond near the ranch house, Less interesting was to see three female photographers (no binos) continuously playing the Vermilion Flycatcher song while an aggravated VEFL moved around the top of the tree nearest the Hotel trail between the two watering tanks. They ignored my request. Later I ran into then again near the pond and explained why they should not play the song during breeding season and if they had waited (not playing the song) the male would have been able to feed and would likely have provided much better photos somewhere along the fence line. They seemed to understand despite the language bearer,
Take care,
Bob Reiling

View/Reply Online (#24048): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24048
-=-=-