Date: 3/29/21 7:57 pm
From: Media.com <edgew...>
Subject: Re: Black Vulture depredation

I googled Black Vultures Killing Calves and looked at several videos. There were several statements about the vultures attacking animals, and finding dead animals with vultures on/near them, but none I found actually showed vultures killing calves. What am I missing?

Also, one of the videos actually showed a cut of a Turkey Vulture while the man was talking about Black Vultures. That takes us back to Jeff's comment--most people don't know the difference between the species, and lack of understanding of the scavengers' role is likely to lead people to kill Turkey Vultures.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO