Date: 3/29/21 1:23 pm
From: David Zittin <dzittin...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] South end of Stevens Creek Reservoir.
Hi Birders,
Floy and I walked a short distance towards the reservoir from the dirt parking area on Stevens Canyon Road at the bridge not far south of the fire station.
This is the same place Matthew recently wrote about.

It was fairly birdy. As soon as we got out of the car, we were serenaded by a Warbling Vireo. We saw and heard a male Wilson's Warbler. The highlight of the trip
was a pair of adult Bald Eagles in a high-speed interaction. I managed to get a couple of photos. The eagles spent less than a minute in our area and the last we
saw of them they were both heading south, upstream.

Yesterday we saw a Varied Thrush a few feet beyond the gate at the start of the foot path. Today there was no sign of this species.

More detail and photos of the Warbling Vireo and the eagles are at https://ebird.org/checklist/S84354193

-Dave Zittin
Cupertino, CA

View/Reply Online (#24045): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24045