Date: 3/29/21 9:34 am
From: Juliet Berger <juliet.berger...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Hermit Thrush
I was once told by our founder and former admin, Bruce Bowman, that summer
is the only season where we don't have Hermit Thrushes in Southeast
Michigan.
They regularly overwinter in small numbers in our area, even in the UP, and
also are common spring and fall migrants. The do breed in the Northern
Lower Peninsula, and farther north. I have heard them singing their
haunting song in Kirtland's Warbler territory, during the season.
How fun that you had one wintering in your yard! Congrats,
Juliet Berger
Washtenaw Audubon

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CABVs24LTwv8HO29ESsuX4GzYBVu5xnC9O4%<2Bcy1AD2V0wFWVpag...>