Date: 3/29/21 9:19 am
From: 'NAPBirds' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: [birders] The 2021 Ann Arbor Breeding Bird Survey
Dear Birders and Friends,
This year, again, we hope to recruit more Breeding Bird Survey volunteers for Ann Arbor area parks and properties. We have a good many excellent birding parks available! The survey is done using eBird to document our data, and requires at least an intermediate level of knowledge of all Southeast Michigan breeding birds, by sight and sound. It's a fun way to keep birding during the summer months, when birding tends to slow down with the end of songbird migration, and to make an impact on our knowledge of bird reproduction in our area. Citizen science is useful to scientists! Much of our understanding of bird migratory pathways in North America comes from eBird data.
Lots of local birders in the Ann Arbor area participate in the BBS, so come along and join our Team.
We'll have a Zoom BBS Kickoff and Training on Thursday, April 15 from 7-9:00 pm that all are invited to attend. Please message me so I can sign you up to receive the Zoom link. Don't delay, as the BBS Kickoff is only 2 weeks away. Formal surveys start on May 25, so you'll have plenty of time to get familiar with your parks and our survey protocols. There are very few COVID related concerns for conducting the surveys, as they are all outdoors, and mostly away from other people.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!!
Good birding,
Juliet

Juliet Berger | Ornithologist | <NAPbirds...><mailto:<NAPbirds...>
City of Ann Arbor Natural Area Preservation
3875 E. Huron River Drive | Ann Arbor | Michigan | 48104 | 734.794.6627 Office
http://www.a2gov.org/NAP<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.a2gov.org%2fNAP&c=E,1,fCXT1rYGIcmJuFCci7zXnpnrOP64-dst7stvEiDFHULLfFNfOImS4r5H9KVKooe2xysCyKLqcrdvwYwHxDA5eoPhrJTk5gAIysp99IjJqw,,&typo=1> | http://www.facebook.com/ann.arbor.NAP

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<DM8PR09MB6296897F917A64E9ABB24965927E9...>

Join us on Facebook!