Date: 3/29/21 9:12 am
From: Pam Hunt <biodiva...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Concord Cranes - NO at 11:00
Unity and I checked for the Hoit Marsh cranes from 11-11:30, but saw no sign
of them. There is a LOT of habitat (both marshy bog and cornfield) in this
general area, so they could certainly still be around. Others saw them
shortly after I did, so it's certainly worth checking again - perhaps
earlier in the morning when they were seen today (7-8ish).

There was also an usual Mallard hybrid in the eastern corner of the marsh -
not far from the platform. The sides of its head were paler than I've seen
on any cross with a black duck before, so we were wondering if there could
be something else in there (e.g., Am Wigeon). For fans of hybrid duck
puzzles, a few poor pix are on my eBird checklist:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S84336243

Enjoy, and don't get blown away out there!

Pam Hunt

Penacook

"The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of those who have not viewed
the world."

- Alexander von Humboldt