Date: 3/29/21 8:50 am
From: Joshua Uffman <birdsandbugs...>
Subject: Re: Hummingbird sightings

We are on the early side of the spring bell curve, but Ruby-throateds in Missouri are not unheard of in late March. Here is what Robbins (2020) says:
Spring: The first arrivals are seen at the beginning of Apr in the south, a few days laterin the north. Peak is in early May. Earliest dates: three observations for 21 Mar. Highcounts: 40, 3 May 2019, Reynolds Co. (J. Runco); 30+, 26 May 1999, HornersvilleSwamp CA, Dunklin Co. (MR, B. Barber, K. Zyskowski).
So, there are earlier dates - Good reminder to put out the feeders.

Good Spring Birding, Joshua UffmanSt. Louis County, MO

On Monday, March 29, 2021, 10:45:36 AM CDT, Sarah Driver <000000d5c39afbe1-dmarc-request...> wrote:

There are reports of hummingbird sightings in Missouri- Springfield, Joplin and Osage Beach areas- quite a bit north of me at Table Rock lake. This is from the Hummingbird Central website migration map. (Lanny, I sure miss yours- it seemed much more detailed.) I am skeptical since this would be extremely early. My great uncle, Jim Johnson, the first hummingbird bander in Missouri, had an earliest sighting of 3/31, so it is possible. Weather is certainly conducive. Two feeders went up today. I will be watching.