Date: 3/29/21 8:09 am
From: Patricia Burden <tallerpat526...>
Subject: [birders] Hermit Thrush
Hello all,
We have had a Hermit Thrush in and around our feeding station since
the 1st of March. it generally visits our heated birdbath, but will
often feed on the ground under the suet feeders. We have a decent
sized brush piler in the middle of our feeding area and when the
weather was inclement, it often took refuge down inside it. At first I
didn't think much of it because I know they are one of the few
thrushes to be around past summer, however, I know I have also been
birding on days when they are moving through during migration. So I am
wondering, is this bird more likely to be an early migrant or one that
has over wintered here?
Pat Burden
Melvin & Yale, MI

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org