Date: 3/29/21 7:40 am
From: Kristie Nelson <storm_petrel...>
Subject: FOS Yellow-throated Warblers

Was brisk today but warming to see two Yellow-throated warblers foraging in a flowering tree in our yard today in Texas County. Nearby was a small foraging flock with the usual neighborhood C. chickadees, titmice, and GC kinglets - but in addition were two Myrtle Warblers which added to the feeling of spring with their yellow butts gleaming against dull gray twigs just starting to get green shoots. But the yellow-throated warblers foraging in flowers were a spectacular taste of neotrops on their way.
Also this morning were my first Black Vultures for the yard, though I also saw one in western Texas County a few days ago as well.
A few Chipping Sparrows have been around recently, but they don't seem to stay around.

Kristie Nelson
Eunice, MO